Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Commuter Comics… Magog #1 (DC Comics) Spoiler free



Well I read Magog #1, it has been out a few weeks, but I am just getting to it. Written by Keith Giffen; Art and variant cover by Howard Porter and John Dell; Cover by Glenn Fabry, the book sort of Reintroduce this Member of the Justice Society of America. This Character, with Roots in the original ‘Kingdom Come’ Story and Reintroduced around the Latest Crisis of the DC Universe, was initially somewhat of a ‘Cable’ rip-off (it happens a lot in comics Look at Deadpool and Deathstroke, no really). I like the way current storylines get you past that now.

Anyhoo, this Story, this series even, is a fluff peace of a comic for me. I think it’s supposed to lead him down a similar path he was theoretically supposed to go down in ‘Kingdom Come’ leading new heroes to be more aggressive, destructive way of doing things, with lots of seemingly futile aggression. This is a Story, I believe that should be light weaved through the Justice Society of America more that a series. In this day of price rising back up stories, it would fit that mold also.

I will avoid the Retcon (Retroactive continuity is the deliberate changing of previously established facts in a work of serial fiction. )issues I have with the book, they are not that important, just something that’s needs to be noted.

If you are new to Magog, Read Kingdom Come, it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment